Can't install Greetings software

johnhannah 11:01 AM 20 Jun 11

My wife has recently purchased a new\laptop running windows 7. On trying to instal a greetings problem (to make birthday cards)it just refuses to let us install

chub_tor 14:59 PM 20 Jun 11

So what is the name and version number of the greetings card programme? Does it say that it is Win 7 compatible? Is it from a CD/DVD or a download?

johnhannah 15:03 PM 21 Jun 11

The program I refer to is Greeting Card Factory Deluxe version 4 which was purchased from local retailer.It does not say it's suitable for windows 7. Does it mean we will hae to dispose of all our software and buy all new software.

chub_tor 17:34 PM 21 Jun 11

If this is the software you are referring to then it states that it is only suitable for Windows 98 / 2000 / Me / XP which means that it is unlikely to run under Windows 7. Some programmes can be installed and run in XP compatible mode. Take a look at this from Microsoft.

On that same Amazon page I see that Version 8 of the Card progamme will run on Win 7.

There are lots of old programmes that will run directly on Win 7 and I have some on my PC, but it is pot luck I'm afraid.

johnhannah 18:04 PM 25 Jun 11

Thank you chub_tor yes it does look like a trial and error Im afraid. It plays on a friends windows 7 ultimate but not on our windows 7 home edition

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November