cant burn cd,dvds since vista upgrade

webb204 23:10 31 Mar 07

hi ,since i upgraded to vista home premium ,i cant burn anything to dvd ,cd,i can watch dvd ,play cd rip cd ,but cannot burn anything,both devices show up in my computer,drivers are up to date according to vista,but all i get is a message saying i dont have a device capable of burning when i try ,pc is 5 month old ,all was fine before vista,both devices are sony ,any help ,advice would be warmly recieved,thanks

Giant68 04:44 01 Apr 07

Does Device Manager see them for what they are? Are you trying to burn with Vistas own burning software, maybe trying something like DeepBurner from click here might work?

Giant68

Totally-braindead 09:35 01 Apr 07

There was a thread on the same subject last week and it seems others have problems too click here.

I am wondering if there is a particular windows fault in regards to this but no one else commented and it was the first mention I had seen of this.

webb204 07:13 02 Apr 07

giant68,all works with deepburner ,so it looks like a vista problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…