Canon CD Labelprint and Windows 7

MIke 18:18 PM 25 Oct 09

You may find that under Windows 7 Canon CD Labelprint (which is used for direct printing on CD's) claims that no suitable printer can be found despite the printer driver having installed correctly, and the printer outputting to paper with no issues.

I had this with both my Canon ip4200 and an older ip3000 printer. On install Win 7 downloads drivers from the MS update site for both these printers.

I found the solution to this issue by visiting Canon's support pages and downloading and installing the following file:-

2. Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module (1.10)
This product is a module that expands the functionality of the printer driver for Canon Inkjet printers as included in Windows Vista and 7

Hope this is of help to anyone out there with Canon printers suffering the same error.

Apart from this issue and my previous posting re True Image 10 not working but working in the Release candidate, I've been impressed with ease of migration to 7.

RGB76 11:49 AM 26 Oct 09

I have the Canon iP 4200 Printer, so many thanks Mike for all the info.

Kind Regards

MIke 21:01 PM 26 Oct 09

No probs, there is also an update of CDlabel print to V 1.41. Can't remember version on the disc supplied with my printer but I downloaded the 1.41 version to see if it would solve the 'no suitable printer' issue, it didn't only the Driver add On Module.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know