Canon BJC-80 / Vista O.S. Printing Problems

capt. 21:57 PM 19 Jun 09

Hello,
I am pleased with my BJC-80 printer, but my problem is that only half of the document prints and then the printer goes into the error mode. The printer status screen indicates error-print, 168, port USB003, 1 document in queue. When I print a test page it prints with out problems, so I know the printer is functioning well.
I have a new Acer Aspire 5920 32 bit laptop with Vista Premium Home Edition Service Pack 2, connected to the printer with a parrell to USB cable. I tried a more expensive printer cable, but the results were the same.
I know it is possible to get the BJC-80 to work with the Vista O.S. because I followed the advise of someone one the internet who had total success.

BJC-80 property settings were set as follows:

Under The Ports Tab,

I selected USB Virtual Printer for Canon BJC-80.
I also have another printer listed that is USB, but is not selected (HP Deskjet D2500). I only wish to use the BJC-80 at this time.
I also have disabled the enable bidirectional support and enable printer pooling choices.

Under The Advanced Tab,

I selected only, the print directly to the printer option.

I would be most appreciative of any suggestions in resolving this problem.

Thank You,
Carmen Conti

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay