Cannot view utube videos - adobe?

tomme 23:21 PM 09 Oct 11

Help please? I've been going around in circles! Have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome from utube to view videos and still left with black box above? I read 'somewhere' to take out Microsoft JScript glob.settings.js as this one of the problems. I have spent 2 days trying to solve problem and going nowhere..... fast! I have google chrome version 14.0.835.202 which is supposed to be up-to-date version.

tomme 15:54 PM 11 Oct 11

Have tried AGAIN today, uninstalled restart installed and I have Adobe 11 latest and Google latest so am stumped! What would happen IF I should use Windows 7 32bit disk upgrade? I know it takes out and leaves in but would this include the 'virus' Adobe are talking about? They say on their site this was Adobe 9 and 10 problem? It is purely this utube viewing that is the problem. Views would be helpful.

lotvic 20:09 PM 11 Oct 11

Try some of the solutions on

Also Here's how to upgrade to the most recent version of Adobe's Flash Player

(note that a virus is malicious, that is not the same as the bug in Chrome. Bug means a fault in the programming coding and will probably be put right with an update 'fix' when the programmers write some more code to fix it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11