Cannot update windows 8.1, error code 8024402F

IftekharHossain 19:36 25 Jan 15

Hi. I think I have replaced my original windows 8.1 64 with a fake one. The scenario of what I did is given below: I purchased a hp laptop with original windows 8.1 64 preinstalled. I download Microsoft office with toolkit from torrent because I did not want to buy ms office. First I installed the office setup.exe as per instructions. Then I opened the Microsoft toolkit. I had no idea how to use it. I pressed the windows logo instead of the office logo. Then I selected windows 8.1 and I clicked activate, backup, check, check status, etc. I had no idea what I was doing. Now I think I replaced my original windows 8.1 64 with a fake one. I cannot update my windows and it is showing error code 8024402F. Please help me on what to do now. I want my original windows back.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:14 26 Jan 15

see here for that error code

chub_tor 17:11 26 Jan 15

You might find that it will be easier to reset your HP to its original factory settings and start over Click Here for how to do it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…