cannot start vista

goffin 01:26 08 Jun 07

everything was fine until a few days ago. Then IE7 in Vista Home premium just hung and had to be stopped via task manager.

last night it seemed to have cured itself.

this evening, go to start Vista and it threw me out after the selection of vista (it's dual boot).

tried last good configuration - same again. tried safe boot - either it throws me out or I get a BSOD: clfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged area. error
0x8A47F018

this driving me spare - any help please

crosstrainer 08:24 08 Jun 07

Can you start the computer in safe mode? This is done by pressing the F8 key on bootup. If you can you may be able to diagnose the problem... You could try restoring the system to a previous state, or use the repair tools... Touchy with dual boot though.

Ben 216 22:26 10 Jun 07

If you have two separate boot drives check if your BIOS will let you choose the boot device. I have to press F11 to get the menu and can then slecect what I want to boot from and switch between my XP and Vista drives.

Apparently you can restore the XP boot.ini (I assume your other OS is XP?), then unplug your XP drive and repair/re-install Vista.

This eliminates the Vista boot menu and makes thngs a lot easier, but you do need two physical boot drives.

Bethe 05:25 17 Oct 07

is there anything that can be done to restore the computer after getting this error?

clfs.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged area. error
0x8A47F018

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017