Cannot reinstall office 2013 after an acer refresh

digregory 21:51 PM 07 Nov 13

I have just carried out a refresh on my Acer laptop and as a result it has uninstalled office 2013. I have tried to reinstall it but when I try to use the account I think I used to activate the initial purchase is says that office is not associated with this account. I do not have any other accounts so am not sure what to do next ?

rdave13 00:22 AM 09 Nov 13

If you used refresh then it doesn't remove everything. I'd reset Windows under update and recovery then recovery and use the remove everything and reinstall Windows. Why Microsoft included the insidious refresh option I will never know. It keeps your Photos, Music and some docs data and a few reg keys that's making it difficult for you to reinstall Office.

rdave13 00:24 AM 09 Nov 13

If that doesn't work then use the restore to factory settings usb flash drive you created or the set of DVDs and start again.

jaywoo 12:39 PM 20 Nov 13

This might help - link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X