cannot open .eml from a remote source

a member 09:45 17 Feb 08

I have allways been cautious about using the internet and email so as a precaution I have allways transfered important email messages to disc (or more recently) flash drive . and then deleted the ones on my PC .
yesterday I made an online purchase and got the usual email confirmation .I copied the email to my flash drive and removed the original from the PC .This morning I wanted to print out the email (I like to keep a record of all my transactions )
apon clicking the .eml I get the message .... this file does not have a program associated with it , so I click on (open with) and select windows mail .but it wont work , all it does is open up the mail program without showing the .eml file.
I have allways done this in all my previous OSs so why is Vista (windows mail) any different.
if I drag the file into any of the mail folders
it will open , but windows mail refuses to open it from anywhere outside its own program .
surely I should be able to click the file and see it from any source , CD,flash drive etc. and not have to manually reintroduce it into the email program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac