Cannot Installing Windows 7 32 bit

RISC OS user 28 Jul 13
Answered

I purchased a genuine copy of Windows 7 32bit for an old computer I had which was running Windows XP 32 bit and it worked perfectly well. However I have now scrapped that machine and passed on the disc to a relative, at a very small charge, as her machine is running Windows Vista and I thought it would be a kindness to let her have it to use until she can purchase a new PC with Windows 8 installed. Unfortunately each time she is asked to input the necessary code from the back of the CD case it states that the product key is not valid, re-type the product code, she has done this 4 time but still same problem. I have no idea how to help her, any thoughts please.

RISC OS user 28 Jul 13

Thanks for the answer, can a second licence be purchased and would it be as expensive as a new CD.

RISC OS user 28 Jul 13

Thanks again, will have a look.

Batch 01 Aug 13

It sounds like she isn't even getting to the activation stage: "Unfortunately each time she is asked to input the necessary code from the back of the CD case it states that the product key is not valid, re-type the product code"

The product code stickers can be difficult to read and things like 8s and Bs often get confused.

But, in any event, if the original W32 DVD that you bought was an OEM version, as others have said, she will not be able to activate it anyhow (OEM versions are strictly limited to use on a single machine and cannot be transferred).

It it was a full retail version she should be able to activate it, but that would enforce de-activation on the machine on which you installed it (but then that may not concern you).

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message