Cannot get the best monitor screen resolution

mctrout 18:33 PM 17 Mar 11

I formatted my hard drive but now I try to get the screen resolution 1680 x 1050 I can only get 1280 x 1024 . I drag to the right it becomes 1600 x 1200 but when I click apply it returns to 1280 x 1024. Can anyone please help me over this problem. I had the 1680 x 1850 before I did the format, the Monitor is a 22 in. Thanks Mac

Woolwell 19:47 PM 17 Mar 11

Did you reinstall the graphics drivers?

Ashrich 22:41 PM 17 Mar 11

Agree with Woolwell , you need to reinstall the correct graphics drivers .

Open device manager , select Hardware , scroll down to graphics and double click on it , click on the Drivers tab , select Update Driver and let Windows search for the correct one .

Ashley

mctrout 16:29 PM 18 Mar 11

Thanks for the replies, I have just started my PC & windows message that was some updates to download. So I clicked yes & after they were installed there was a message from NVIDEA Control Panel telling me that the resolution had changed. So I did not have to do what you told me. I had a good St Patricks Day & I am feeling very sorry for myself today, so thakfully I did not have to do any fiddling about with my PC. Thanks again Mac

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites