Cannot download files Win 7/IE 9

Hetti 16:35 PM 14 Sep 12

I got a message flashing onscreen from Lastpass saying there was a file corrupt, but no further info as to how to fix it, I decided to uninstall Lastpass then reinstall, when I tried to download Last peass I got message saying "This file cannot be downloaded" the options were retry or cancel I clicked retry result was the same. Can anyone help me with this please? Running win 7/ IE9

Hetti 16:52 PM 14 Sep 12

Update I should have tried to download other files to see if they were affected I only tried one other Slim Computer and that downloaded OK so it seems as if it is just Lastpass (FREE version) that is affected,I will also contact Lastpass but I suppose it will be a while before they get back so maybe get some ideas here before then.

Hetti 18:18 PM 14 Sep 12

Update I tried to install Lastpass in safe mode....... still no joy

rdave13 02:25 AM 15 Sep 12

Sounds like a registry corruption as it is a password manager. Have you run the registry cleaner in Ccleaner, then reboot and try again.

Latest version of Ccleaner (file hippo)

rdave13 02:29 AM 15 Sep 12

For some reason McAfee says my last link is dangerous so please do not use. Use this link, click here.

KRONOS the First 16:46 PM 15 Sep 12

Absolutely nothing dodgy about Filehippo have used it for years.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…