Can you change the address bar size in IE7 ?

24bitkid 16:42 14 Dec 07

Running Vista on a 24' LCD at 1920 X 1200.

Is there any way to change the size of the address bar on IE7 so it is a little larger?

rawprawn 16:54 14 Dec 07

Not to my knowledge, I would be interested to know if it's possible.

anskyber 17:10 14 Dec 07

When you say larger, do you mean longer or deeper?

sinbads 10:18 15 Dec 07

I don't think his is possible ;but if you are finding it difficult to see you could use the magnifier. Print on your web pages can be increased by holding down Ctrl and using your scroll button, if no scroll button then use + and -

regards

BurrWalnut 13:17 15 Dec 07

If you don’t use IE’s Search box, it can be removed to give more space as follows :-

In Home Basic and Home Premium go to the Windows Orb (Start), type regedit, press Enter and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft. Right-click Microsoft and click Edit, New, Key name it Internet Explorer (note the space), now right-click Internet Explorer and click Edit, New, Key name it Infodelivery, now right-click Infodelivery and click Edit, New, Key name it Restrictions. Finally, right-click Restrictions and click Edit, New DWORD name it NoSearchBox. In the right pane, right-click NoSearchBox and modify its value to 1 (one). It’s prudent to create a system restore point before making the additions just in case something goes wrong.

In all other Vista versions go to the Windows Orb (Start), type in gpedit.msc and press Enter. Navigate to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Internet Explorer. Now scroll down to the "Prevent the Internet Explorer search box from displaying" option, double-click it and set it to "Enabled".

24bitkid 20:47 15 Dec 07

Found out how. Increase font dpi size in personalize desktop panel (for easier reading on large screens.)

Much easier to read now.

skidzy 22:17 15 Dec 07

A thankyou would have been nice to those offering there help !!!

24bitkid 23:10 15 Dec 07

Wow! How petulant can you be?

Thank you to everyone - but I got the answer MYSELF!

rawprawn 21:20 16 Dec 07

24bitkid
Sat, [email protected]:10

Wow! How petulant can you be?

Oh dear!!

24bitkid 23:02 16 Dec 07

@rawprawn

Yea, I got a bit wound up. I wonder if skidzy is off checking whether everyone else on here is saying their (not there) thank you ...

sinbads 09:12 17 Dec 07

it costs nothing to say thankyou, skidzy spends a lot of time as do others helping members with their problems for free, ok you found the solution yourself; but a thankyou guy's but i have solved this problem would have been a better
reply.

regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now