Can i upgrade to Vista?

georgewilli 14:40 16 Jan 07

Hey guys i am seeking a genuine advice plz help me if you are sure about the resolution.

I have got a P-III with intel processor 733Mhz with 256 of sd-ram, 20gb hard disk, which is running very smoothly. Right now i have winxp.. My question is with this config can i really upgrade my pc to Vista..
Thnx in advance.

pk46 02:09 17 Jan 07

I have an 8 year old HP Brio that i keep going for fun it has a PENTIUM 111 1.1GB AND 512MB SDRAM the maximum the old MOBO can take it will run Vista ultimate but a little slower i have know doubt that it would cope with the Vista basic version.

PaulB2005 08:33 17 Jan 07

Running Vista RC1 on an old PIII 800, with 768 Mb SDRAM and 40 Gb HDD. Very slow but it works ok.

Genius1 10:36 17 Jan 07

This will soon tell you: click here.

From your specification, I suspect that you will NOT be able to run Vista - a minimum of 512MB of RAM is required for basic operation and your hard drive capacity is too small. You don't say what your graphics card is either, but this may not be compatible.

Run the official upgrade advisor as per my link - this will give you a step by step guide based on your PC configuration.

bigboy99 14:01 17 Jan 07

As you say xp is fine then you should stay with xp

Kate B 18:10 17 Jan 07

I wouldn't try and run Vista on a PC of that spec unless you particularly enjoy waiting ages for a machine to carry out basic functions.

powerless 18:46 17 Jan 07

I would hazardous a guess that if you went to install you wouldn't be allowed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…