can i upate my bios with a flash drive???

stephen0205 20:37 21 Aug 07

Hi guys, i installed vista agoin in the hope that the sound would be fixed, sadly not, but i found a bios update for fixing the sound (i think), its called patch for windows vista audio located here

click here=

but my problem is that it says to put it on a floppy disk, my pc does not have a floppy drive, so can i do it with a flash drive or dvd disk.
Can someone please help me as i dont want to damage my motherboard

thanks

daxian 20:46 21 Aug 07

hi stephen0205...
not sure a bios flash is the way to go ...
have you tried updating the drivers for the audio getting vista drivers would be my first step ,and a bios flash the last resort.Dave.

stephen0205 21:10 21 Aug 07

hi i hvae had numerous posts on the forums here with the sound problem and none of them fixed it, i have reinstalled windows numerous times and then i found this on the motherboard site and thought that this was the fix i have been lookinf for.

skidzy 21:15 21 Aug 07

Be aware:

Flashing the bios could and does in some cases renders the motherboard useless,therefore needing a new bios chip.

As pointed out,look for the correct driver first.
click here

Kate B 21:17 21 Aug 07

click here This should be the driver for your mobo, which I think uses the same drivers as my Asus mobo. Works for me.

dmc727 22:10 21 Aug 07

I went the way of disabling the motherboard on-board sound (in bios) and installed a sound card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5