Can I resize my partition using Vista Business

setecio 12:20 12 Jan 08

I have an 80GB Dell 1501 laptop drive spit into 3 partitions:

a)110MB EISA config .... What is that ??

b)10GB recovery NTFS D:

c)64.42GB NTFS C:

Windows Vista business is installed and I would like to resize the C: and create another 15GB for an XP install, and maybe another 5GB for a Linux.

I don't want to upset the Dell restore system, so I won't touch D:

What is the 110MB EISA config partition ?

Can I resize C: and create new partitions from a tool within Vista Business? or will I need some extra software ?

Is it generally reliable so that it won't mess up my laptop ?

Thanks.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 12:43 12 Jan 08

right click my computer, manage, storage, disk management, all option there as i remember.

setecio 16:12 12 Jan 08

>>> You won't be able to touch the boot or System drive using Vista's built in Disk Management Application. <<<

Is C: the boot/system drive ? If so then the Vista disc management is useless for what I want and I'll need something like partition manager !

cream. 18:10 12 Jan 08

Vista Business will reshape your C drive to take XP and Linux. I have done it with mine.:))

Right click computer / manage / disk management.

Right click on the C drive and pick shrink volume. You will be given the maximum you can shrink the C drive to. Pick a remainder size that will fit both operating systems. So you shrink it and leave 20Gb.

When it has shrunk the volume, you right click on te available space and create a new volume. Make the size either 15Gb or 5Gb to suit your first partition and follow the wizard. Make sure you put a tick in the box to have a quick format.

You will now have the first partition. Go back to disk management and right click the remaining space and do the same. e.g. right click and make new volume.

When done you will have your partitions and it will not affect the C drive.

setecio 22:22 12 Jan 08

Thanks Percy :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced