Can I increase my system restore length for points

erkmatrix 15:33 18 Feb 10

Hi I'm currently setting up my PC and just gone into system restore and noticed it only has points from yesterday even though I started on Monday with the installation of programs. Why is this, is there a way to increase the size of my system restore somehow, in windows XP it used to have a calender and record lots to go back to if you had to.

john bunyan 15:44 18 Feb 10

see Here - rdave 13 notes.
click here

erkmatrix 15:54 18 Feb 10

Cheers John

I found it in that thread and have now set it to 15%, I might look into acronis though soon to do this as its will hopefully be better and more reliable.

john bunyan 16:14 18 Feb 10

In that case have a look here too!!
click here

Technocrate 09:27 22 Apr 10

In Windows 7, System Restore has finally gotten its built-in GUI user interface with ability to customize and configure maximum disk space usage allowed for system
protection.You could (Reduce or Increase) Maximum Disk Space.Check out the video and it will walk you through the process on how to increase or decrease your system restore.
1.Right click on computer and select Properties.
2.Next select Advance system settings.
3.Select System Protection on the tab.
4.Next select Configure.
5.Next go down to Disk Space Usage than select Max Usage and you could move the arrow from side to side to adjust your size.
6.Than select ok and now your system restore size is set.

kristain 06:11 23 Apr 10

Follow the given steps in order to do system restore:
Step 1. Right-click the My computer and select ‘Properties’.
Step 2. Now select ‘System Protection’ and then select ‘System Restore’.
Step 3. Click ‘Next’, and select the restore location from where you can find the restore point easily.
Step 4. Click the ‘New’ button to ‘Scan for affected programs’ that will be deleted or recovered by Windows in this restore process and after that Windows will create a system restore point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…