Can I Do a clean Windows 8 install over downloaded windows 8 upgrade?

geletaz 20 Dec 12

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro upgrade from Microsoft website and problem activating like so many other users. The issue I have is that I also downloaded the media pack and received a e-mail with a different key which I entered and now I cannot activate it. I spoke to Microsoft technician and they removed media pack and key but I still cannot activate it as my system stills shows Windows 8 Pro with Media Pack Key !.Now would buying a retail boxed version of Windows 8 Pro solve the issue as it will come with a new key and can a clean install be done over the downloaded upgrade version I have ?

geletaz 20 Dec 12

Thanks for reply Jock1e.I am not sure what you mean by not taking any files or folders when clicking on remove everything and re-installing windows.This procedure sounds like reformatting the hard drive..if it is...by clicking this option windows will remove everything like drivers which will make my pc 'dead '...am i right ?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message