Can I Do a clean Windows 8 install over downloaded windows 8 upgrade?

geletaz 17:48 PM 20 Dec 12

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro upgrade from Microsoft website and problem activating like so many other users. The issue I have is that I also downloaded the media pack and received a e-mail with a different key which I entered and now I cannot activate it. I spoke to Microsoft technician and they removed media pack and key but I still cannot activate it as my system stills shows Windows 8 Pro with Media Pack Key !.Now would buying a retail boxed version of Windows 8 Pro solve the issue as it will come with a new key and can a clean install be done over the downloaded upgrade version I have ?

geletaz 19:28 PM 20 Dec 12

Thanks for reply Jock1e.I am not sure what you mean by not taking any files or folders when clicking on remove everything and re-installing windows.This procedure sounds like reformatting the hard drive..if it is...by clicking this option windows will remove everything like drivers which will make my pc 'dead '...am i right ?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…