can i delay using vista upgrade

kiz 14:57 22 Feb 07

You may think this is a silly question but although I have recently bought a dell laptop and can register for the vista upgrade, I do not want to install it on the machine for a few months.
Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the installation. I realise if I do install, I have to register within a period of time but if I just put the disc in a draw, can I use it at a future date.
Cheers
PS From what I have read here I am not sure if anyone has received their discs anyway, so maybe this question cannot be answered yet!

crosstrainer 15:03 22 Feb 07

I have an Acer laptop, and am also entitled to the upgrade to Vista premium.... BUT.. it's a high spec machine with built in webcam, high def sound high end graphics.. so I looked at the Acer website but cannot find out if you can order the dvd and keep it... instinct tells me that as long as the machine is of the same hardware spec as when it came out of the box we should be able to delay installation, check out the Dell site and see if they have any info.

mobileman1953 15:47 22 Feb 07

just contacted dell about vista upgrade ordered 20 dec 06 said i am looking at 6 to 8 weeks delivery so i should not worry about leaving it a few months after you get it

crosstrainer 15:58 22 Feb 07

I suspect Acer are the same... less support hassle for all companies if they wait until driver issues are resolved... most hardware companies are way behind the 8 ball on this, particularly graphics and sound. I will order my upgrade from Acer and wait until drivers are resolved before installing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…