Can I change the Main User Account details

mikeking 20:54 PM 10 Apr 13

When I first set up my wife's new Windows 8 laptop, I used my Microsoft live ID for the User Account. My wife would like to change it to her own Live ID, but I don't want to have to re-install the programmes and Apps that we have loaded. Is there a way to do this?

rdave13 23:17 PM 10 Apr 13

You need to change the primary account to a local account. Log off then log in again then change the local account back to a Microsoft account using your wife's live email and password.

Full instructions here, see answer on second post.

Before you do that I suggest that you create another local account first. Log in to the PC, go to users, create a local account and name it Maintenance or some such name. Make sure it is an administrator account and give it a password. This is puerly a backup in case you can't log in to Windows 8 some day on the primary account.

mikeking 12:29 PM 11 Apr 13

Thanks rdave13 for your solution. I had thought of something along these lines, but wasn't sure that it would work - I have more confidence now!! I will try it at the weekend when I am home, and will post the results. Thanks again, Mike

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone