Calendar gone - what are my best options.

T@M 08:12 AM 30 Oct 09

Hi all

I was surprised to find that 7 has dropped the inbult calendar & now looking for another option.

I have Outlook 2007 installed but from what I can see you have to open the programme to get the pop up reminder (I dont open it every day).

Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to pop up a reminder without having to open the programme?

If not what is the best standalone to use?

Thanks.

a member 16:42 PM 30 Oct 09

find someone with a copy of vista ,go to C: (if that is the main OS drive) Program files and copy the calender folder Onto a removeable drive or CD .paste the folder into the same program files folder in windows 7 . then open it and right click the Wincal.exe and select create shortcut .
a shortcut will appear below the original ,just put this shortcut on your desktop or taskbar and your done .

T@M 18:25 PM 30 Oct 09

Cheers for that.

I may give that a go using my laptop.

I've actually downloaded Rainlendar & am quite impressed with it so far.

Quickbeam 09:01 AM 02 Nov 09

You could put Outlook in the startup folder so that it's open when you've booted up. And for vista side bar, there is an Outlook appointments gadget that shows up coming appointments, will that work in W7?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay