C++ Runtime Library error message when selecting a folder

redcarpet 16:44 PM 09 Feb 13

Hi folks. I have a problem when I click on a particular folder in my computer. (I don't have to open it, I only have to select it).

I get an error message from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library saying, 'This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information'. The application (which I assume is Windows Explorer), has to restart. I have no problems selecting any other folders.

The problem folder is on my external hard drive, which hasn't been connected for a couple of weeks. But I then found that the error occurred on that folder's copy on the internal drive. (The two drives are not synced - I had simply made a back-up copy about a month ago).

Can anyone help?

MG. PS I have run AVG 2013 maintenance, and this hasn't helped.

lotvic 21:29 PM 09 Feb 13

You could reinstall the runtime components that might fix it. ClickHere social.technet.microsoft.com

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay