C go back to windows7, if I downloaded windows8, and did not open it?

Lydia777 17 Jan 13

Can I go back to windows 7 ,if I dwnloaded windows 8, and did not open it?

owen123 18 Jan 13

Well the problem is that either you have wiped Windows 7 off or upgraded Windows 7. The only way to go back to Windows 7 is to reinstall Windows 7. If your laptop/desktop had a windows 7 recovery disc use that. If it didn't came with disc maybe try contacting your PC manufacter but I think it is too late. If the manufacter don't give you the disc then you would have to buy Windows 7 disc I afraid.

owen123 18 Jan 13

Well the problem is that either you have wiped Windows 7 off or upgraded Windows 7. The only way to go back to Windows 7 is to reinstall Windows 7. If your laptop/desktop had a windows 7 recovery disc use that. If it didn't came with disc maybe try contacting your PC manufacter but I think it is too late. If the manufacter don't give you the disc then you would have to buy Windows 7 disc I afraid.

sharpamat 19 Jan 13

With Most Systems you get the option to make a set of discs to restore to original ( when it came out of the box ) This option is also on your system in the recovery part provided its not been altered or removed. as a final step you can normally purchase the recovery discs from the makers this will allow a restore to factory settings

Hopefully you saved your Win 8 Download to a DVD keep it safe with the serial number along with the media centre serial you may change your mind later

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message