C Cleaner and Vista issues?

anskyber 16:16 25 Jan 08

I am currently using the excellent Reg Mechanic and it has worked flawlessly with Vista. My annual renewal is due soon and it is approximately £30 to renew for one year. I shall of course see if I can get a better price on line but I have been considering using the free C Cleaner.

Has anyone here had any experience using C Cleaner with Vista? I am particularly interested in any unfortunate experiences which have required the use of the restore function having deleted an important software component.

ventanas 16:33 25 Jan 08

Used CC since I got Vista nine months ago.

No problems yet, on three machines.

mrwoowoo 17:07 25 Jan 08

None here either yet.

no problems here either

sinbads 19:21 25 Jan 08

To be honest i don't think you can compare the two one is dedicated to the registry the other is a general clean up tool

anskyber 19:40 25 Jan 08

A very fair point.

I was in a way looking to the many recommendations here to use C Cleaner and references to the Registry function within C Cleaner.

sinbads 20:22 25 Jan 08

you should have no problems with ccleaner i just leave it in the default settings.

CCleaner automatically makes a backup when dealing with reg issues so there is some peace of mind there.

It also has an uninstaller section which is also usfull.

as registry cleaners go this is a good one and is free click here

skidzy 20:57 25 Jan 08

Hi anskyber

I cannot really fault Ccleaner,though has an issue sometimes regarding Flashplayer,but easily solved as you know (well i blame Ccleaner).

For me Winaso does it all,and certainly worth the payment.

I would say this though,Reg Mechanic is in my view the best out there for what it does.

My lappy has Reg Mechanic and Winaso installed and now nearly two years old and it flies (core2duo).

mrwoowoo 21:42 25 Jan 08

regcure is very good (and free) and recommended for speeding up vista.
Worked ok for me.
Review
click here
download
click here

anskyber 10:01 26 Jan 08

Thanks for all the feedback, it's most appreciated.

Sea Urchin 23:26 27 Jan 08

A note of caution - mrwoowoo's two links are shown by siteadvisor to be unsafe. A better link for Regcure click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…