Bought a new hard drive but it had been used.

David-2274183 16:37 04 May 16

I bought a new 5TB dive from Argos yesterday, 3 May 2016, but it is used. The drive which I assumed was new had the seal on the box broken and resealed with sellotape. I now know I should have rejected it.

The drive had been repartitioned into three partitions not totalling 5TB. They were formatted as Windows Fat 32. The partions were treated on 2 May May 2013, three years before I bought it. It was last used on 26th June 2013. I managed to find some of the original users pictures but so far no email address data. As a Mac user I don't know my way around windows to well so I want to know where I am likely to find an email address.

Under what circumstances would Argos have taken a drive back after over a months use? They have agreed to replace it but should it have been sold as new in first place when it was obviously returned for some reason.

Devil Fish 22:26 04 May 16

You have answered your own question.The seal was broken there for you should have rejected it as for finding email address (for what purpose im not sure your grievance is with Argos ) it depend on what email they used and is that info still on drive web mail wont be .That of course is immaterial as Argos should not have sold a used drive as new in the 1st place,And any grievance is with them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes