both mouse and keyboard stopping to work random

fhikol 11:37 20 Feb 16

hello this thing happend 3 days ago. i have a kinda new computer 3 month old and when i play game or just go youtube after 30-60 mins the mouse and keyboard stop to work they both have the lights on but not working the only fix is to restart the system but i need to find a fix for this here is my system: Intel Core i5 4460 3.1Ghz (3.3Ghz Turbo) LGA1150 Tray Arctic Cooling Alpine 11 Rev. 2 MSI B85M-E33 IPPON i04 case Gaming Beast Black with 2X 120mm fan + FSP HYPER 600W Hynix DDR3 8GB 1600 Sapphire Radeon R9 280X OC 3GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3

i hope you can help me please becuase this problem casuing alot of trouble

bumpkin 12:22 20 Feb 16

Sounds like Win10 is the O/S. What sort of mouse and keyboard, wireless or not?. Have you tried others.

xania 13:58 22 Feb 16

If you have a wireless keyboard and mouse, it could be that your receiver unit is not receiving a constant signal from your desk; you should experiment with placing the receiver higher up and in a direct line or sight with your seat.

Otherwise, as this machine is fairly new, as assuming the keyboard and mouse were supplied as part of the package, I would suggest you speak to your supplier about getting your parts checked.

Hi,

Did you try installing the latest drivers for the keyboard?

Step 1: Uninstall the keyboard completely and reinstall.

To remove and then reinstall the keyboard drivers, follow these steps:

a) Disconnect the device from the computer.

b) Turn off the power for the device, if the device has a separate power supply.

c) Open Device Manager. To do this, use one of the following methods:

d) Click Start, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click allow.

e) Double-click Keyboard, right-click the keyboard that you use, and then click Uninstall.

Note: If your device is not listed, this means that the device was removed automatically when you disconnected the device. Go to the next step.

f) Restart the computer.

g) First, turn on the device, if you have to, and then plug the device into the computer. Your computer detects the device and then reinstalls the drivers for the device.

h) Also update it with the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Refer to: click here, Lou Nemec

Regards

lotvic 12:22 24 Feb 16

[email protected], Logic problem. How is OP going to type anything - step d), if as in step a) the keyboard has been disconnected.

xania 14:04 24 Feb 16

I have lotvic's problem every time I try to select safe mode after a crash (use to haapen frequently until a bought a new graphics card)- solution, use a USB keyboard (no drivers required).

lotvic 16:01 24 Feb 16

xania, I think you mixed me up with the OP, unless you mean the crash problem I have after a good night out. That's when I use safe mode, ring a Taxi and use their drivers. LOL

bumpkin 19:29 24 Feb 16

curious thread:-)

xania 09:41 25 Feb 16

Lotvic I was explaining how you type data into your computer after having disconnected a wireless keyboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…