bluetooth on Win 7 conection problem ?

churgestrauss 21:42 PM 16 Jun 13

I have fitted a Bluetooth adaptor to my PC to download photo's off my phone. The PC installed the new device but the problem now starts. The PC see's the Phone (Nokia 5230) and the phone see's the PC. Using the pairing intructions no problem but when i tell the PC to receive or send files it tells me there is a compatability issue and drivers did not installed properly. I bought a new adaptor just in case but it is still the same, i have uninstalled and reinstalled that many times the PC can do it on it's own !!

any idea's greatfully received

rdave13 23:43 PM 16 Jun 13

Can you connect the phone directly to the PC?, try the Suit. Switch the phone off. Connect to PC, swithch phone on.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-pc-suite-compatibility/

churgestrauss 23:54 PM 16 Jun 13

yes i could connect via a usb lead but i would need different leads for my wife, daughter and son as they are different (they did like the idea of me buying them new phones that match) and i was trying to get away from wires all over the place.

churgestrauss 23:54 PM 16 Jun 13

yes i could connect via a usb lead but i would need different leads for my wife, daughter and son as they are different (they did like the idea of me buying them new phones that match) and i was trying to get away from wires all over the place.

rdave13 00:13 AM 17 Jun 13

Similar with bluetooth. You'd need different connections to all the phones so that the PC could recognize the different machines to log into and synchronize with. Less cables, more problems.

Synch each machine, then pair, individually, get them working one by one so the PC recognizes individual phone etc. and creates a list. All phones come with cables to connect to PC, especially Nokia, so if you have further problems, I suggest it's not a Windows fault but your Blue Tooth adapter supplier's.

Give therm a call.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…