Bluetooth Suite (issues with dongle)

Tominable 18:25 PM 16 Jun 12

Hey guys, I recently bought another Trust BlueTooth 3.0 dongle to work with my laptop, running Windows 7 64 bit.

I bought one of these about 3 months but after this broke, (due to my miscare more than anything) I have been unable to use the replacement.

I have used the CD with drivers on to do so. This advises me to restart which I have done multiple times. When I do so there is no icon on the right hand side of my task bar showing bluetooth or that the adapter is recognised.

I have located the Bluetooth suite program, however when I run this it does not open, simply shows the loading circle and then no further action.

I have uninstalled bluetooth suite and reinstalled the drivers, however I am unable to locate the bluetooth dongle in the device manager at all...

Any help would be great,

difarn 19:17 PM 16 Jun 12

Have you tried completely uninstalling the drivers and Bluetooth programme, inserting your dongle and letting windows find the drivers?

Tominable 00:16 AM 17 Jun 12

Thanks. When I did as you described I noticed that it installed as MotioninJoy drivers, a program I previously used for gaming. After uninstalling the program and all applicable drivers, I reinstalled the ones for the dongle and everything is running fine now.

Thanks for a hint in the right direction :)

difarn 10:02 AM 17 Jun 12

Glad it's sorted even if in a roundabout way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11