Blue Screen of Death Constantly [Every Hour or So]

KevinCross 04:41 04 May 14

I do a lot of gaming and I have noticed that every hour or so I have gotten a BSoD as I was playing either Minecraft or League of Legends for longer than an hour. This is starting to make me furious. One time it told me that I had a 'Bad_Pool' ? This is the latest of reports:

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000008e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 82EAC3FB BCP3: 8CB3A340 BCP4: 00000000 OS Version: 617601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\050314-30669-01.dmp C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48001-0.sysdata.xml

Please post anything you think will help. Thank you.

mole1944 05:22 04 May 14

Have you updated all your software,also could be an overheating CPU.I will leave anything else to our forum tech guys.

BRYNIT 08:11 04 May 14

You could also scan the hard drive for errors, as information is constantly being written to it if you have any bad sector it can cause BSOD.

wee eddie 11:43 04 May 14

As this appears to happen frequently and you haven't said how long it takes to recover, I'll take a punt on overheating, too.

You haven't said whether this is a laptop or desktop but a visit to YouTube and search for "cleaning Computer" and you'll find plenty of instructional Videos.

I personally find that a Natural Bristle Paint Brush and a Hair Drier to be sufficient to do the job, but others will throw their hands up in horror at that and recommend cans of compressed air and a tooth pick.

Just remember that should you have touched any of the Cards, you may have to reseat them, a simple task once you have done it the first time.

SergeKouperschmidt 12:15 04 May 14

Hardware problem but I don't think it is overheating. (Overheating doesn't make blue screens but freezes first,and then shuts down.)And if you restart an overheated CPU, it will not wait another hour to blue screen. Unfortunately, If your blue screens messages are always different, then you probably have a controller problem. HD or Memory controller problem. First thing is to check your RAM and HDD. Check for each stick as sometimes 1 may be faulty and cause random trouble.if you can replace the HDD with another one try that as well. I know it's time consuming but for your problem there is no straight answer. Check the graphics as well, remove your GC and use the one on board if you have one. If you still have the problem, then your best/cost/time effective option is to replace the MB, there is no further fix for that, nor software update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009