black and white background

raziel08 20:08 PM 02 Feb 10

Have another problem with my acer laptop. For the last couple of boot ups the splash screen turns black and white and so does the background, taskbar, desktop shortcuts when the pc has booted up. This only lasts for about 20 secs but i am getting worried that something may be wrong with it.

can anyone shed any light on this?

Ex plorer 10:25 AM 03 Feb 10

Just a thought try changing the Desktop theme, and screen saver.

raziel08 10:57 AM 03 Feb 10

No that hasn't worked, just made it so that there isn't any color until the desktop loads up. By the way the loading bar is in color and so is the acer splash screen.

Ex plorer 10:12 AM 04 Feb 10

Hi you could try a vista Repair.
You will need your Vista Disk to do this and first boot set for CD.

If you don't have a Vista disk you can borrow one and if asked for the serial number use the one that's on your Laptop serial sticker.

If your Laptop came with Vista loaded you will then need the Recovery disk supplied with your Laptop.

You need to boot the vista disk and press any key to get it run.
click here
Read through the instructions first although it is very straight forward by following on screen prompts.

raziel08 20:22 PM 20 Feb 10

hi all, sorry its been a while since i have been online. Tried to repair windows using a disc but it found nothing wrong. but the problem still persists. Has anyone got any more suggestions?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…