bfg geforce 8800 gtx problems with vista

yellows 10:38 20 Feb 07

I have just bought myself a new computer with a bfg geforce 8800 gtx card and an asus p5n32- sli plus motherboard. I have tried the computer on 2 monitors and keep getting lines and blocks on the screen. Have downloaded the latest vista 32 bit drivers for the card but still same lines and blocks on screen. when i went and looked at the drivers i have a code 43 message saying Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 43. please could someone help?

Kate B 10:50 20 Feb 07

The 8800 drivers in Vista are not great. You will notice a performance hit. Do some Googling and you'll find all sorts of stuff about this issue.

yellows 10:53 20 Feb 07

ok kate thanks. do you think the blocks on my screen might be to do with vista and work better going back to xp?

Kate B 11:41 20 Feb 07

If you really want the best out of your 8800 at the moment yes, I'd probably go back to XP. The drivers for the 8800 do support SLI (unlike the 7x and 6x series, grrr) but a lot of people are reporting a serious performance hit in Vista. It's one of the reasons for this click here

yellows 12:07 20 Feb 07

thanks well does seem a driver problem here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…