Best Windows 7 Optimizer?

smiiithy2009 11:20 AM 01 Dec 09

Can anybody advise me of the best optimizer to tune my system performance in Windows 7? I would be interested in knowing both freeware/shareware and purchasable software options.

At the moment I don't carry out any routine maintenance of any description on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop and I want to keep it to run as efficiently as possible. Also are there any programs that can automatically carry out a defrag and disk clean up periodically or is this possible in Windows 7 anyway?

Thanks,

Mike

ambra4 12:06 PM 01 Dec 09

“Best Windows 7 Optimizer?”

TuneUp Utilities - Version 2010

click here

gardener 12:17 PM 01 Dec 09

As ambra4 says Tune Up Utilities. Also this one if you like tinkering:

click here

smiiithy2009 13:07 PM 01 Dec 09

Cheers I will give it a go

john bunyan 17:35 PM 01 Dec 09

In Win 7 I use: PC Tools as firewall, Avira as anti virus, and Malawarebytes and Superantispyware as malware protection. Also CCleaner to clear out junk and cookies etc, and as a mild registry cleaner. All are free. I do use (paid for) Acronis True Image 2010 for backing up , both as an image and a clone to other drives. I cannot believe how many people have no back up.

JoeGavin 07:49 AM 06 Sep 10

Hi,

You can Use a good PC optimizer and there are lot of available...such as Ace Utilities , Systemcare , Advanced System Optimizer, to make your computer faster...By rebooting, or restarting your computer, you can clear out these temporary files and improve your PC’s performance..right now I m Using Advanced System Optimizer it plays a gr8 role.. it increases my PC Performance...It also got sum useful Utilities..u can try it...it gr8 in optimization....Works f9 try it..!! dis is da best system tuneup tool i used so far..!!

click here

Pineman100 16:52 PM 06 Sep 10

CCleaner. Nothing beats it IMO.

click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites