Best Windows 7 Optimizer?

smiiithy2009 01 Dec 09

Can anybody advise me of the best optimizer to tune my system performance in Windows 7? I would be interested in knowing both freeware/shareware and purchasable software options.

At the moment I don't carry out any routine maintenance of any description on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop and I want to keep it to run as efficiently as possible. Also are there any programs that can automatically carry out a defrag and disk clean up periodically or is this possible in Windows 7 anyway?

Thanks,

Mike

ambra4 01 Dec 09

“Best Windows 7 Optimizer?”

TuneUp Utilities - Version 2010

click here

gardener 01 Dec 09

As ambra4 says Tune Up Utilities. Also this one if you like tinkering:

click here

smiiithy2009 01 Dec 09

Cheers I will give it a go

john bunyan 01 Dec 09

In Win 7 I use: PC Tools as firewall, Avira as anti virus, and Malawarebytes and Superantispyware as malware protection. Also CCleaner to clear out junk and cookies etc, and as a mild registry cleaner. All are free. I do use (paid for) Acronis True Image 2010 for backing up , both as an image and a clone to other drives. I cannot believe how many people have no back up.

JoeGavin 06 Sep 10

Hi,

You can Use a good PC optimizer and there are lot of available...such as Ace Utilities , Systemcare , Advanced System Optimizer, to make your computer faster...By rebooting, or restarting your computer, you can clear out these temporary files and improve your PC’s performance..right now I m Using Advanced System Optimizer it plays a gr8 role.. it increases my PC Performance...It also got sum useful Utilities..u can try it...it gr8 in optimization....Works f9 try it..!! dis is da best system tuneup tool i used so far..!!

click here

Pineman100 06 Sep 10

CCleaner. Nothing beats it IMO.

click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message