BBC iPlayer problems

kimtrnc 23 Dec 09

I have been using this system on my old XP system for sometime. On my new machine, I cannot instal, because it tells me that Adobe Air is already installed ( I can't find it, not even with 7 helping!). It also tells me to install in another location, but doesn't allow me to choose one. Help, please?

james105051 25 Dec 09

Try removing Adobe Air if you don't nedd\use it.

click here

james105051 25 Dec 09

Should read "need"

kimtrnc 26 Dec 09

Hi James - that is the whole point - because Air is not properly installed, win 7 isn't prepared to let me UNINSTALL.
I did try using the .wmv option to download from BBC, but and that SEEMED to be working, but the prog ran for exactly 2 minutes, and then stopped, finished!
Methinks I shall have to use my XP laptop to download, unitl BBC catch-up ( if you will excuse the pun!) with Win 7.

flick 28 Dec 09

I too had problems with Adobe Air and now use the wmv option. Occasionally, iplayer doesn't download the whole program (check file size) and I have to do it again. Works fine then.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message