BBC iPlayer problems

kimtrnc 10:24 AM 23 Dec 09

I have been using this system on my old XP system for sometime. On my new machine, I cannot instal, because it tells me that Adobe Air is already installed ( I can't find it, not even with 7 helping!). It also tells me to install in another location, but doesn't allow me to choose one. Help, please?

james105051 13:48 PM 25 Dec 09

Try removing Adobe Air if you don't nedd\use it.

click here

james105051 13:49 PM 25 Dec 09

Should read "need"

kimtrnc 06:09 AM 26 Dec 09

Hi James - that is the whole point - because Air is not properly installed, win 7 isn't prepared to let me UNINSTALL.
I did try using the .wmv option to download from BBC, but and that SEEMED to be working, but the prog ran for exactly 2 minutes, and then stopped, finished!
Methinks I shall have to use my XP laptop to download, unitl BBC catch-up ( if you will excuse the pun!) with Win 7.

flick 16:56 PM 28 Dec 09

I too had problems with Adobe Air and now use the wmv option. Occasionally, iplayer doesn't download the whole program (check file size) and I have to do it again. Works fine then.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites