AVG 7.5.0.522 Update Manager problems on startup

shearecj 14:09 19 May 08

When I start up my Vista computer the AVG update manager used to automatically kick in and Update my AVG Free Edition from the Grisoft.com web site. this is no longer happening and instead I am getting a message from Windows defender that the Adobe Update Manager has been blocked.

So now I have to update the AVG by going into the AVG Free edition control centre and start the update manually instead of it happening at each startup.

Any Ideas?

Colin

Sea Urchin 16:56 19 May 08

Check that it is set it to update automatically - open AVG and click Control Center. Highlight Scheduler, and then click on Scheduled Tasks. Highlight Update Plan in Basic Mode and click Edit Schedule. Click Periodically Check for Updates, and select your two hour time slot. Tick "If Internet Connection is not available, check when it goes online" and OK and Close etc.

Adobe is nothing to do with AVG. If you meant to say AVG has been blocked, then go into Windows Defender and make sure you ENABLE it as follows

click here

Taff™ 13:32 20 May 08

AVG version 8 has been out for a while now. I seem to remember a warning that support for version 7.5 expired. Latest version click here

crosstrainer 14:48 20 May 08

Taff™ Is correct....AVG 7.5 is discontinued, and 8 is a huge improvement. Uninstall 7.5, and install the new version. Your problems should vanish.

You can choose not to auto update, but remember that AVG tends to have a couple of updates a day (even on weekends) so don't forget to run a manual update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017