AUTO START IE IS DRIVIN' ME MAD!!

bgbopper 13:31 20 Mar 08

Hi everyone.
I have Vista & decided to download Windows Live Messenger to work with my webcam.
This all downloaded fine except it set itself as "Auto Start" when booting up which I did not want so I disabled it.

One of the features on autostart was the starting of INTERNET EXPLORER as well, which immediately went to Live Messenger.

However, since I disabled Live Messenger, Internet Explorer still starts up automatically after booting up and it is starting to make me go crazy because I cannot find anything in the system, autostart, Windows Defender or anywhere else!

Does anyone else have this problem, or did have? If so, how was it resolved?

Any help would be appreciated.

anskyber 13:41 20 Mar 08

What exactly are you trying to achieve? It's not very clear.

bgbopper 15:05 20 Mar 08

I want to stop the INTERNET EXPLORER from starting up as soon as I've booted up.

anskyber 15:19 20 Mar 08

Either stop it this way click here or if it is in start up in all programs take it out.

anskyber 15:21 20 Mar 08

PS. Control Panel, Change start up programs under programs may do it for you as well.

bgbopper 16:38 20 Mar 08

Hi anskyber,
Thank you for your replies.
I have tried System Config but IE is not mentioned in the start up programmes, but it is mentioned in the start up programmes in Windows Defender which I have installed.

When I click the item on Defender, the boxes at the bottom which state: "Remove", "Disable" or "Stop" are not available to be used.

I've looked everywhere I can think of, but obviously missing somewhere.

bgbopper 07:08 21 Mar 08

Hi everyone!
Last night I found the culprit which makes IE start on boot up.

I have a small software called "Webwasher" which does as it says "on the tin", & that is cleans all traces of websites seen by me using my pc.

On this software is a box which states: "Auto start IE".
I've now disabled it, & lo behold, no more IE startups!

Thanks for everyone's help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5