Audible Battery Low Warning

Unclekev 09:59 17 Jul 07

I have a Toshiba Satellite running Vista and was wondering if it is an audible battery low warning is available. I tried power settings but could not find an option. Anyone any ideas? My previous notebook running XP gave an audible warning when the battery was about to die?

IntoPCs 15:29 17 Jul 07

This wouldn't be part of Vista - more likely a Toshiba utility. Try Start, All Programs, Toshiba and see if there are any utilities that might include the battery warning. If not they might be on a CD that came with the laptop or failing that try Toshiba's website.

Unclekev 11:46 31 Dec 07

I got on to Toshiba Support and after much tooing and froing between themand Microsoft the came back and said it was not a feature that was currently available with Windows Vista and it might be included in the long awaited service pack. Not sure if I believe this but that is what they said. Any comments on this would be most welcome as it is a bit frustrating when the PC powers off without an audible warning??

Unclekev 10:03 02 Jan 08

Thanks Beta. I was beginning to wonder if this was unique to me or to Toshiba machines. I guess I'll have to wait and hope it is corrected in the aforementioned service pack.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced