asus wifi lan adapter

gazzaboy20 09:37 AM 26 Jul 11

Hi all. I have an asus p5bmx/wifiap motherboard with vista on a desktop about 5 years old. Never used the wireless untill recently and was working fine until suddenly stopped working. Told me lan adapter was off. So how do i turn it on? the asus solo wizard seems to have been wiped as when i open the only asus program all the functions are unlit. Found and reloaded disc and still wont seem to help saying adapter is not installed ?? This was workin fine before. Tried restores etc aswell.An update needed maybe ?? ahh help.

chub_tor 19:25 PM 26 Jul 11

Have you checked in Device Manager to see if the WiFi adapter is shown? Is there an Unknown Device shown? Does it have a warning yellow triangle?

gazzaboy20 11:08 AM 27 Jul 11

yes nothing like that shown. there is the atheros li gigabit ethernet under network adapters. Its working ok apparently. Ist like software has been wiped for wireless setup.?

chub_tor 18:49 PM 27 Jul 11

In case you haven't got it, this is the link for the Wifi-AP Solo English User manual E2949 Click Here Scroll down to download the PDF and then look at section 2.2 Drivers and Utility Installation. It shows you what needs to be done to install the Solo WiFi.

If that doesn't help then take a look at Google suggestions

gazzaboy20 10:42 AM 13 Aug 11

Well i just left it wired to the cable and just the other day it magically started searching for wireless networks again?? The Router had been switched off for about 6 hours before hand dont know if this had anything to do with it.The Asus applications are all available again to view etc. Strange ,daresay it will happpen again though!It was just a case of switching on the program but it wouldnt let me.

gazzaboy20 10:42 AM 13 Aug 11

Well i just left it wired to the cable and just the other day it magically started searching for wireless networks again?? The Router had been switched off for about 6 hours before hand dont know if this had anything to do with it.The Asus applications are all available again to view etc. Strange ,daresay it will happpen again though!It was just a case of switching on the program but it wouldnt let me.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites