Apps screen stopped opening selected tiles

armstrongpiper 17:28 PM 26 Oct 13

Have had a Toshiba C50, running Windows 8.1, for 4 weeks without a problem, then today find trouble with Apps display page. When I click on an Apps tile, the screen seems to 'revolve' then returns to Apps display without opening the app. If I then click again, sometimes a blue screen appears and stays until I left click again, then it returns to Apps display. The computer behaves normally from the 'home' page, connecting to all tasks such as Google etc. I don't know what I've done to upset things, but I would like to know how to get back to normal. Any help gratefully received.

Neil

chub_tor 17:49 PM 26 Oct 13

Read this article from Microsoft and then click on the Apps Troubleshooter near the top of the page.

rdave13 20:06 PM 26 Oct 13

Have you got a security suit installed and has it just updated? Might be its firewall is blocking the apps.

armstrongpiper 16:49 PM 28 Oct 13

Update, and thanks for your help. Finally fixed by restoring to a good point, and in the process found from Google how to run Windows8 in safe mode.

Neil B

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites