Apparent missing windows 8 Files

rrichtalia 01:42 17 Dec 14

Am having a lot problems with my ASUS k55n laptop computer. When I try to use "Refresh my pc, or Reset my pc, I get an error message: "something went wrong" and cannot proceed. I used system file scanner, it fix some system files, but said that it could fix all of the files. I contacted microsoft, but they wanted $149.00 . Cannot afford that. Any ideas as what I should try to do? Thanks in advance, Rich

chub_tor 08:57 17 Dec 14

You need to download and burn an iso image of Windows 8 or 8.1 depending on what your machine came installed with. Click Here for a good how to description the product keys are different for 8 and 8.1 so read the article carefully. If your machine is not bootable then you may have to do this on a different machine but your PC does have a DVD drive so you should be able to pur the new disc in and boot from it. The Windows key should be on the bottom of your laptop. Any missing files that sfc does not find should also be on the new disc that you have burned.

rrichtalia 14:17 21 Dec 14

When I use DISM.exe/online/cleanup-image/scanhealth, I get an error message: Command not recognized. Thanks !!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:55 21 Dec 14

you have missed the spaces from the command.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…