Anyone tried 'VMware Player' yet? I have, it's brilliant!

Graphicool1 13:18 PM 27 Jul 11

Windows 7 32Bit & WinXP - IE8 - Firefox 5

For anyone who has yet to be initiated 'VMware' stands for 'Virtual Mode Software' and is open source, which means it's free. I just built online and bought a new system, with a Windows 7 OS. But I still have a programme that will only play in WinXP. That is 'Microsoft Picture It!'.

So I looked into linking a WinXP PC to the Win 7 PC. While I was looking into it, I came across VMware. It transpired that if you have a Windows 7 PC it has a build in function to add XP. However, sadly it wasn't the case if your Win 7 is a 'Home Premium', as mine is.

But all was not lost, because with help from VMware the same can be achieved with Home Premium and even 'Vista'. Although unlike the latter build to use it with Home Premium you also need the full 'XP OS' disk. Which in my case I did.

Everything ran as smooth as silk. For further info read this...

CLICK HERE

Crosstrainer2 09:01 AM 28 Jul 11

Sounds a bit like Boot Camp (Mac) which allows you to run Windows and it's applications on your mac. It cam pre-installed on my iMac, but I can't vouch for it as I have not used it. Only my laptop is Windows based now.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…