Antivirus Problem while installing a new one

Cav1966uk 18:57 18 Feb 16

I bought myself a new windows 10 laptop a month ago and it came with one months free McAfee Security Centre, the free version has finished so I installed it or so I thought I had because every and again a window pops up on my home screen saying application resources could not be loaded please reinstall McAfee Security Centre, I don't want to use McAfee as I'm planning on using a free antivirus but now I having trouble installing a free version of anything because the McAfee window keeps popping up and stopping the installation.

tullie 20:21 18 Feb 16

Use the mcafee removal tool click here

rdave13 21:21 19 Feb 16

tullie's suggestion should work. I also bought a new laptop recently with McAfee Security Centre installed on it. Years ago if you didn't click on the icon it wouldn't install so programs and features was good enough for a clean removal. That was the first program I wanted to uninstall so opened task manager then the start-up tab and it was already running. So disabled it there and any other 'freebies' I didn't want and rebooted. Then uninstalled via programs and features. A tad annoying that it should be already installed and running. Avast installed without a problem.

Cav1966uk 08:41 20 Feb 16

The McAfee Security Centre has gone, thank you ever so much for helping me out. I hope you don't mind but I've got something else to ask, looking in my settings and the in apps I've got a thing called 3D Builder, its by Microsoft, I don't know what that is, would it be safe to uninstall, I've also got Bonjour by Apple Inc, don't know what that is either and then theirs Avast SecureLine VPN, not sure what that is as well, it says its disconnected.

chub_tor 12:09 20 Feb 16

You should be able to uninstall 3D builder by going to the Show all Apps, then right clicking and then clicking on uninstall.

Bonjour is used by several Apple applications including iTunes where it looks for shared libraries, printers etc. You can uninstall this from Control Panel and if you feel you need it you can always reinstall it.

I don't think that you can uninstall the SecureLine VPN feature of Avast but if it is disconnected anyway it shouldn't bother you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:36 20 Feb 16

SecureLine VPN feature of Avast

is only in the paid for or trial version of Avast assume you have instal the Avast 30 day trial?

rdave13 15:13 20 Feb 16

SecureLine VPN was already installed on my new laptop without Avast being installed. I uninstalled it via all apps. I thought it a bit strange.

rdave13 15:16 20 Feb 16

Having looked at Programs and features, secureline is still there and was installed on 2/12/2015 so assuming it is now a standalone program as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…