Anti virus software enquiry

Discipulus 11:50 06 Apr 14

My AVG paid anti-virus software is about to end. I am fed-up with not having direct contact with the company when I need to ask a question if there is a problem - though this does not happen often.

Already not impressed by Norton/Kapersky as it is impossible to email them even to enquire about their products.

I have 2 questions: Why is it only the well known companies that get mentioned/ researched? Can you tell me anything about Lavasoft?

System: windows 7 64 bit. Thank you.

northumbria61 15:35 09 Apr 14

Have you been contacting AVG from within the program itself? I have had AVG (paid for) for approx. 10yrs. now and have contacted them on occasions and always had a reply, normally within 24hrs. I have the full Internet Security Suite but it is probably the same route for the Anti Virus program - from within AVG there is/should be a support option or help button. Doing it this way enables AVG to look at your problem and if necessary upload any files to them for analysis.

I can't answer your query about Lavasoft as it is a program I have never used.

wee eddie 18:40 09 Apr 14

What on earth required you to contact your Anti virus supplier more than once. Most of us never need to do such a thing.

In reality, how much one to one time do you expect for £35.00?

john bunyan 17:50 10 Apr 14

My grandchildren have the free version of AVG.I use Avira (free), but Avast is also well liked. I see little point in paying for A/V.

wiz-king 15:30 11 Apr 14

In all my yers of computing I dont think I have ever had to contact my anti-virus prog supplier - other to pay them. I am using ESET at the moment, been happy with it for the last 7 years

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos