Anti-virus problems anyone?

Forum Editor 23:41 PM 14 Jan 09

Since I installed the beta software I have encountered two problems.

First, I started getting BSOD crashes, and the crash dump told me that the problem was a file called SASKutil.sys

I tracked this down to SuperAntiSpyware, and once I had opened up msconfig and disabled the software in the startup list Windows 7 loaded without further problems.

Secondly, BitDefender 2009 is turned off, and cannot be turned on again - I repeatedly get the message that BitDefender services can't start.

What anti-spyware software are you running that is stable in Windows 7?

Devil Fish 00:45 AM 15 Jan 09

No problems encoutered with Avira Antivir thus far

paul trotter 08:22 AM 15 Jan 09

I've installed AVG Free, and it works well. Microsoft suggests either AVG, Norton 360 3.0 beta and a preview of Kaspersky Anti-virus

click here

darrenrichie 13:35 PM 15 Jan 09

I am using Avira also as when I had Trend Micro installed it altered all my permissions so I couldn't do anything such as delete files or install/uninstall progs. I reinstalled the beta and put on Avira instead of TM and it works great. No issues at all so far.

Zeppelyn 13:44 PM 15 Jan 09

AVG Internet Security 8 (paid version) running absolutely fine.

anskyber 14:36 PM 15 Jan 09

Windows Live One Care not compliant.

I am Spartacus 14:50 PM 15 Jan 09

Another vote for AVG 8 Free. Installed and running without problems.

I am Spartacus 14:54 PM 15 Jan 09

As for Anti Spyware, Spybot also installed and runs OK. It has also integrated with the Security Centre but the status is shown as 'snoozed'.

Forum Editor 18:25 PM 15 Jan 09

for AVG 8.0, which is now running along nicely.

Legolas 18:51 PM 15 Jan 09

AVG 8 Free runs OK for me also.

Peasar 20:18 PM 15 Jan 09

Avast runs ok also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know