Anti-virus problems anyone?

Forum Editor 14 Jan 09

Since I installed the beta software I have encountered two problems.

First, I started getting BSOD crashes, and the crash dump told me that the problem was a file called SASKutil.sys

I tracked this down to SuperAntiSpyware, and once I had opened up msconfig and disabled the software in the startup list Windows 7 loaded without further problems.

Secondly, BitDefender 2009 is turned off, and cannot be turned on again - I repeatedly get the message that BitDefender services can't start.

What anti-spyware software are you running that is stable in Windows 7?

Devil Fish 15 Jan 09

No problems encoutered with Avira Antivir thus far

paul trotter 15 Jan 09

I've installed AVG Free, and it works well. Microsoft suggests either AVG, Norton 360 3.0 beta and a preview of Kaspersky Anti-virus

click here

darrenrichie 15 Jan 09

I am using Avira also as when I had Trend Micro installed it altered all my permissions so I couldn't do anything such as delete files or install/uninstall progs. I reinstalled the beta and put on Avira instead of TM and it works great. No issues at all so far.

Zeppelyn 15 Jan 09

AVG Internet Security 8 (paid version) running absolutely fine.

anskyber 15 Jan 09

Windows Live One Care not compliant.

I am Spartacus 15 Jan 09

Another vote for AVG 8 Free. Installed and running without problems.

I am Spartacus 15 Jan 09

As for Anti Spyware, Spybot also installed and runs OK. It has also integrated with the Security Centre but the status is shown as 'snoozed'.

Forum Editor 15 Jan 09

for AVG 8.0, which is now running along nicely.

Legolas 15 Jan 09

AVG 8 Free runs OK for me also.

Peasar 15 Jan 09

Avast runs ok also.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message