AndroidAP showing up in wireless network connections

Doite 00:31 AM 18 Jan 13

I don't have an Android device, but today AndroidAP showed up in the wireless network connection box.It has an option selected to connect automatically and every time I turn it off it turns itself back on again. I'm a bit worried that it's someone accessing my network. Can anyone please tell me why this is showing up and how to get rid of it? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium if it helps.

Thanks in advance,

Doite

mgmcc 09:45 AM 18 Jan 13

Your PC will always show a list of the "Available Wireless Networks" that are within range of your Wireless Network Adapter. If someone is using their Android device as a WiFi hotspot, and it is within range, it will be listed. If it has been encrypted you wouldn't be able to connect to it anyway without knowing the key.

There is no reason to suspect that someone is using your wireless network, which I would hope you have secured with, preferably, WPA2, but at least WEP or WPA.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…