American Vista?!

simon_lambert 10:34 15 Feb 07

Office 2007 and Vista HP are only £70 each in America (Amazon.com). Is there any drawbacks in buying the American versions? Thanks

anskyber 11:23 15 Feb 07
  Totally-braindead 13:44 15 Feb 07

Although there are no problems with it working you are subject to customs and I think I am right in saying Amazon.com will not deliver to the UK and the same can be said about a lot of US companies.
If you're going over there and bringing it back with you then thats fine but if you try to order it and get them to send it here you may have problems.

mike1967 17:36 15 Feb 07

Amazon.com used to deliver to the uk any reason they have stopped

anskyber 17:40 15 Feb 07

To stop us importing cheaper goods from abroad.

There will be issues about import duty VAT and so on but the real reason in my view is to maintain the status quo.

mike1967 17:41 15 Feb 07

Just tried it won't allow it!!!

Oh well just a case of Rip Off Britain again

Kate B 17:53 15 Feb 07

I think it's more about fraud prevention. A lot of online stores won't let you order from them unless you have a credit card registered in that country.

mike1967 05:59 16 Feb 07

No I know can order from Amazon.com, I think its just the microsoft software which is a problem, they state geographical problems(rip off Britian)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…