All I need now is good Registry cleaner/fixer!

jimforrest 23:42 13 Feb 15
Answered

In another thread I think I've got my AV Prog sorted (AdAware running full time with Avira on the drive for 'check runs'. Now what I need is a good prog to clean up the Registry. I daren't even open the Registry so a decent cleaner would be useful.

CCleaner purports to do a cleanup, and I've used it many times - is it ok or is there a better one? One thing though - it must do it alone without input from me ('cos I'll cock it up!)

robin_x 00:44 14 Feb 15

CCleaner is the best. If you've used it many times before stop being a wuss :-)

wee eddie 02:04 14 Feb 15

As a matter of interest, what makes you think that you need a Registry Cleaner?

mole1944 08:13 14 Feb 15

Try glarry utilities

mole1944 08:14 14 Feb 15

Try glarry utilities

alanrwood 11:18 14 Feb 15

Ccleaner every time. It is very gentle in what it removes so is very unlikely to cause a problem. I think I read in one of the mags that Glary was a bit more aggressive but vI have never tried it personally.

john bunyan 11:33 14 Feb 15
Answer

Agreed - only use CCleaner. Most others too aggressive.

jimforrest 12:11 14 Feb 15

Ok chaps - CCleaner it is then. I don't use it very often because I don't download many progs, but if it takes a while for the comp to boot up then I give it a cleanup. I probably got the initial recommendation to use CCleaner from these threads, but that would have been long ago during the early years of XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…