AirStation Wireless-G won't work in Vista (64bit)

KorgY 17:00 12 May 08

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64 bit (I do video/Music etc, so needed more ram)

However, My Buffalo Airstaion Wireless Adapter click here to see the product, will simply not work at all.

I have had it working on Vista 32, and Windows XP, no problem. But when i try to set up the drivers from the CD, and also Buffalo's own Vista driver, i keep getting promps that the software cannot be loaded. Tried everything, but to no avail. can anyone help me on this?, I sense its a 64bit issue, but been looking for 64bit drivers and can't find any.

TIA

KorgY:)

Ashrich 21:53 12 May 08

No 64bit drivers means no 64bit Buffalo adapter , 64bit OS's ( Vista and XP ) are SO fussy about drivers that they only accept WHQL signed drivers , nothing else will do . I suggest you have a look for a new adapter that can handle 64bit requirements .

Ashley

KorgY 01:24 13 May 08

OK, thanks asrich

crosstrainer 15:38 13 May 08

Check some of these out (some have 64 bit support...Your Airstation is unlikely to ever have 64 bit drivers written for it.....I have a couple of D-link wireless adaptors which will work perfectly with XP, but are a no go with even 32 bit Vista...In general, 64 bit take up has been slow, and many manufacturers are simply not writing the drivers.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…