Agfa E25 Scanner driver for Vista

Esc4p3 11:43 10 May 07

I am absolutely convinced that I looked on here a little while ago, and did a search for any topics related to Agfa scanner drivers. Although there are a couple of threads, I am sure they are not the ones I remember .... anyway.

Does any one know whether my E25 will work with Vista? I have done some web searching, and found Vuescan who produce a generic driver and claim to support a myriad of scanners, but you have to pay $39.95 for the privilege (which is still cheaper than a new scanner).

I note Agfa do a driver for XP, would this work?

ps. new computer not yet ordered, I am trying to check in advance what will or will not work.

pk46 14:28 10 May 07

Try here.
click here - 39k re

pk46 14:29 10 May 07

Ignor the 39k re.

Esc4p3 14:57 10 May 07

Obviously I won't know if it works until I get the PC. My only concern is the file downloaded is vuesca84.exe, so it might be the vuescan product I found that is chargeable.

Being a cheapskate I love free option.....

Esc4p3 14:57 15 May 07

Any other idea's please?

Kate B 15:25 15 May 07

Is it plugged into your current XP machine? If so, run the Vista upgrade advisor.

Esc4p3 08:41 16 May 07

Its currently plugged into my Windows ME machine. I did run the XP upgrade advisor a while ago, and I would have been OK for an XP driver.

I am not upgrading my current PC to Vista, but buying a new PC with Vista pre-installed. As I said above, the Vuescan software may be my only option, and still cheaper than a new scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…