ages to get to start page

clackyjock33 22:29 PM 05 Nov 12

from the time i put in my password its taking about 8 mins for W8 to reach the start page,this must not be right

rdave13 00:14 AM 06 Nov 12

No it's not right. Have you used an upgrade and selected to carry over all your programs, etc. ?

Try this, once on the start page go to right corner (I use a mouse cursor) and select search. Using the bar at the bottom scroll to right. Right click the command prompt app and in the bottom, select 'run as administrator'. Type sfc/scannow in the command prompt window and let it run. It will fix some problems possibly. Close the command prompt window by typing 'exit'.

Reboot and see if any better. If not, repeat the process a few times. If it still doesn't work then in my humble opinion you will need to reinstall without carrying over anything, after you back-up all your documents, photos etc. Your programs will need to be reinstalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November