Advice using Windows 7 paid for Home Premium

night 19:21 20 Jul 10

Having installed Windows 7 on to my Desk Top computer from Vista and have been using with great success, I would like to install the program on my Lap Top, I am told I can do this using the same licence number which put's up a box to phone Microsoft in order to do this.? Is the advice I have been given correct and can one use the existing licence number provided one phones Microsoft?

rdave13 19:32 20 Jul 10

No, only one PC at a time if retail disc. If your Windows 7 disc is OEM version then only the one PC and it expires with the PC.

Pineman100 15:36 28 Jul 10

It is possible to buy a three-user-license version of W7 HP. In which case it's perfectly legal for you to install it on up to three computers.

But it depends on what version you've bought.

night 16:03 28 Jul 10

Many thanks Pineman100, several people have said I can by phoning Microsoft in London I have a Windows 7 Home Premium which is not an upgrade so I will give it a go thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…